Project Lilie: Encouraging Teachers
Projekt Lilie, has as its objectives the maintenance and advancement of German culture and language in Namibia. It works in cooperation with two umbrella organisations representing the interests of the German speaking community in education and culture in Namibia (Deutscher Kulturrat and the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Deutscher Schulen)
This project aims to recognise special achievements of teachers at schools that are members of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Deutscher Schulen and educational institutions such as UNAM and Windhoek College of Education.
It also aims to uplift the image of teachers in our community in order to attract young aspirants into this profession and to entice existing teachers to stay in the profession.
The project culminates in an annual awards gala evening at which the winners are awarded substantial sums in prize money and receive valuable plaques and certificates.
Do you qualify for recognition or know someone who qualifies for recognition?
If so, please peruse the following criteria and submit your nomination to your school management or your school board. Nominations of lecturers at Unam, Politech or WCE can be submitted directly to the office of the AGDS.
1) Projekt Lilie recognises teachers and lecturers who, over a long period and in an exceptional manner, dedicated themselves to the advancement of teaching of first language German in Namibia.
2) Special merit will be awarded to teachers and lecturers who
3) Only those teachers and lecturers who are permanently resident in Namibia will be taken into account for a Projekt Lilie award.
4) To be taken into consideration for an award, teachers of all primary and secondary schools in which German is taught as a first language, as well as lecturers at institutions which provide teacher education, such as UNAM, the Politech and the Windhoek College of Education, may be nominated.
5) The Curators will require the following information:
6) Nominations must be forwarded to the Committee of Privatschule Karibib, and the boards of the Deutscher Kulturrat and the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Deutscher Schulen who will determine the recipients of awards according to their own analysis, taking into consideration the recommendation of the schools.
7) In the case of institutions providing teacher education, awards will be solely at the discretion of the curators.
8) Each nomination for an award must be submitted in writing with full details of the motivation attached.
9) The timing of the awards is determined by the Curators, and no late entries will be accepted.
10) The number of points accumulating and the number of special teaching points, that will be allowed for during a year will be calculated subsequent to consultation between the Curators and the Committee of Privatschule Karibib.
11) The Curators reserve the right to take other factors into account, including long years of service, in the allocation of points.
12) Changes to these criteria must be approved by the Committee of Privatschule Karibib, and the boards of the Deutscher Kulturrat and the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Deutscher Schulen.